Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Medela Pump In Style - Review

My Life Saver!
When I was pregnant with my daughter in 2007, I decided to "try" breastfeeding.  15 months later we were still going.  I went back to work when she was 3 months old, so I had to pump at work.  I used a pump (evenflo brand) that my friend bought and never used, but it died on me before I even went back to work.  I knew I needed a good pump to keep breastfeeding, so I bought the Medela Pump in Style.  It has been awesome.  I know that it has more than paid for itself several times.  I have never bought a can of formula.

My son is now 6 months old and is still nursing with the help of the breastpump.  I have very limited time at work to pump so having an efficient double pump is very important.  Even using just one side is efficient at expressing milk.  I love how everything I need (plus more) fits nice and neat in the bag.  My bag has one shoulder strap.  If I want to I can leave the motor at school/work and take the bag home making it lighter.  I could leave the whole thing and just take out the ice bag/ cooler. The two phase technology is great.  It helps me with my let down and get me "ready" for the pumping.  I rarely need it to run it's full cycle and start the actual pumping as soon as I have a let down.

This pump has been used at least 2X (sometimes 3) a day 5 days a week for (cumulative) 10 months.  These are just the months while at work, but it has been used many times at home also.  I've owned it for 3 years now.  It is very durable since I take it back and forth every day.  My son uses the Medela bottles so it is SO easy to pump and not have to transfer unless I'm freezing it then I use a bag to save my bottles for pumping and feeding.  I've used my pump in my office at work (elementary school), in my car (not while driving), in my husband's car while on the move (he was driving), and at home.  I even took it with me to Jury Duty!

Medela has wonderful customer service.  I had a manual pump that I got from the hospital and one of the main pieces was cracked.  They replaced it with no problems.

I do recommend a hands free pumping bra.  I can't remember the exact brand that I have though.  I'll have to check on that later.




Medela Website

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...