Monday, September 3, 2012

Startwrite - Customizable Handwriting Practice Sheets


I had the opportunity to try out Startwrite software with my 4 year old and it is an awesome program for practicing handwriting.  It is very useful for teachers especially younger grades or those teaching cursive.  I love that you can easily customize handwriting practice sheets.  To me it is much easier to quickly type each child's name and print it with this program than to hand write all of them and dot them.

Sissy told me about what she did on 4th of July and I typed what she said.  She then wrote it out by tracing it.  It did take her a a bit of time to trace over it, but she's still pretty new at working on her handwriting.  


 She was so proud of her finished work!! 


Her homework the other night was to write her name at least 3x's.  It was so easy to start up the program and type her name twice with the dots for tracing and to leave 3 more blank spaces for her to do it on her own.  I printed it in color and it helped a LOT on getting her to write her letters correctly on the right lines.  She was so proud of herself!

I love all the options available (cursive, Spanish, clip art, etc)!  We will definitely be using this a LOT this year. :)

start dot




letter outline

decision dots

color letters

dotted shapes

spanish fonts



They have a free trial to test it out.  Check it out HERE and see if you like it!

I was not compensated for this review.  I received the Startwrite program to test out on our own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

AWESOME handwriting images and this Practice Sheets are very effective to improve handwriting, and then Handwriting Analysis is so easy for analysis any person.

Thanks For Sharing.
-------------------

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...