I walked into her classroom the other day to see 6 tables that looked just like this...
I picked her brain a little to see what she did and took a few cell phone pictures.
- Fabric paint Blue, White, and Glitter
- Spray bottle (she actually used an old bottle that originally had cleaner in it)
- Blue Felt
- Cardboard Snowflake decorations for template
- Glue and snowflake foam pieces (extras)
- Paint brush
- Thick blue yarn
- She bought the blue felt and cut them into circles. I probably would have had problems with even the first step. My circles may resemble Mr. Potato heads. :P
- She took the blue fabric paint and diluted and put it into a spray bottle.
- Using the templates she placed them on the blue felt and spayed the diluted blue fabric paint over them. It looks awesome like it was air brushed on.
- She used a mixture of the white fabric paint and glitter paint to paint in where the template was to accent the snowflake patterns.
- She also glued on a couple felt snowflakes. They look great with or without these.
- She is going to punch a hole in it to attach thick blue yarn so the children can wear these like a necklace.
The kids will wear a white polo shirt which is part of our school uniform, so most of them should have one. If they don't they will wear a blue polo shirt. I've asked them to wear light khaki pants or white.
|This was the 1st design where she used a sponge to apply the fabric paint.|
|Here's the 2nd design, but we don't have the string/rope on it to wear it like a necklace for the concert. I taped this one on for the picture. :P|