Friday, November 4, 2011

Snowflake Costume??

I'm getting ready for our school's annual Holiday Concert and I'm planning on having Kindergarten students be snowflakes.  I've already got the 3 songs picked out and the students have been working on it.  I found this snowflake costume on Oriental Trading and bought one.


Snowflake Child Costume

I estimate that about 30-40 Kindergarten students will show, so for $12 a piece it's not possible to have them all wear one of these.  I will have one KG speaker, so only he/she will wear it.  I remember seeing some really cute penguin costumes made with black trash bags and thought we could do snowflakes with white trash bags.  I mentioned it to my art teacher friend and she looked at me with a face of disgust.  She obviously did not like my idea.  I'm pretty sure she thinks it's too trashy (pun intended!).  :) 

So...back to the drawing board for some cheap snowflake costumes!  I don't think this one will work either.



These are SO cute.  Now if I can just get someone to make me 30-40 in 2-3 weeks!  I don't think I can make a trash bag look that cute.

This Mom makes some AWESOME stuff.  Check it out here!

Any ideas?  Update here is our solution.

3 comments:

Becky said...

What if you just made large snowflakes (like the silver ones on the last costume) and had them hung around their necks like necklaces? The kids could just wear white. Maybe the art teacher would even have the 4th and/or 5th graders make them for you. That'd save parents and you a lot of work.

As for coloring them, the kids could glitterfy them or they could just cut them out and you could spray paint.

Jennifer Jean said...

Thanks! We may do something like that. She (Art teacher) mentioned using poster board to make something they can wear, so we can probably make snowflakes that way.

Bea said...

Thank you so much for linking to my blog. The Snowflake costumes are really not that hard to make. The hardest part really is to cut them out. I made them from felt, so no fraying. And if you could get a cardboard template, it will be really easy. And to get the snowflakes on quicker, you could just use a fabric marker and freehand draw them on. And as Becky said, the kids could all wear white shirt and pants, or even light blue. Good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...