Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dollhouse "brother" or boy figure...

I bought Sissy this dollhouse for Christmas.
 It is a ToysRus brand and it comes with all the accessories you see.  I got it for $19.99.  All the other doll houses similar to this start at $50 or more and don't come with near as many furniture pieces.  The pieces sold separtely aren't cheap either when you add it all up.  I'm sure there is a quality difference and I won't know for sure until we see it.  This looks like it will be perfect for her!  The only thing I wish I could find was a brother or boy figure to go with it to match our family (well not the dog...she wishes :P).  There aren't any separate accessories available that I can see for this set or the "You and Me" brand.  I looked at other brands and did google searches and I can't find anything that will match (in a decent price range). 

Well...the closest is the African American brother & Sister.
Fisher-Price Loving Family Dollhouse Figures - Sister and Brother (Styles Vary) -  Fisher-Price - Toys"R"Us
I would like that the skin color would match my children since they would represent them, but I definitely prefer the African American kids to these.
 
In retrospect this set probably matches our pale skin better and those defintely look like my eyebrows. LOL  Seriously though...really?  Maybe my monitor colors are off.

I could get the caucasian siblings
It's selling on amazon (3rd party) for $41!  Why is it so hard to find a boy figure for a dollhouse?  I'm thinking the cute AA babies are still in 1st place.

How about a brother Diego?
Fisher-Price Dora the Explorer Dollhouse Figures - Diego with Cat and Sled -  Fisher-Price - Toys"R"Us
There are sets for a little sister.
Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse Sister -  Fisher-Price - Toys"R"Us
Grandma and Boy may be perfect, but we are still looking at $12(with the shipping).  The dollhouse was only $19
Fisher-Price Loving Family Grandma and Brother Dolls
The only concern with these or the African American kids is they may be too big for the dollhouse I got.  I guess a trip to ToysRus is in the future (not that we weren't going there soon anyway).  That or Sissy doesn't have a boy in her set.  I got a great deal and what's the point if I spend a lot to get her a boy figure.  I'm thinking the Daddy figure will have to double as the Daddy/Brother.  That or we'll have a Diego Brother. 

I really am suprised there aren't more boy figures available for the dollhouses.  I'm guessing it's the wonderful gender stereotypes.  I think there should be gender neutral dollhouses with boy/girl interior.  Let the boys play house. :-) 

I just found an official "brother" doll.  Should have gone to fisher prices website first. Duh.  He's a big brother though.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...