Saturday, January 21, 2012

Age discrimination....

This is a letter I sent to a fellow teacher after I taught his/her 4th grade class...

I thought about writing up one of your students today after a comment he made.  We were talking about the different instrument families and I brought my clarinet to show them.  I told them that I started playing clarinet when i was in middle school.  The student said,  “Was that in 1972?”  He was serious.  Isn’t that grounds for a write up?  I would think so.  I wasn’t even born in 1972 let alone in Middle School.
--------------

Ha.  Kids in their issues with understanding time and age. 

The next day Sissy was saying that she was going to drive a car when she turned 6.  She's said this many times before.  She really things 6 is the magical driving age and not 16.  I asked her how old she thought I was.  She thought for a minute and said "10 or 8."  I said, "what if I say I am 31."  Her eyes got huge as she gasped and then said "You can be 21 Mommy."   I said "I'll take it!!"

Man I love this girl!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...