Thursday, April 5, 2012

Old

I've been feeling old lately and I blame it on my students.  I played the song "Reach" by Gloria Estefan and none of them have ever even heard it.  I looked up Gloria Estefan on Youtube and found the video of "Rhythm is Gonna get you" and played it for them.  Not one of them had ever heard of it.  They were shocked that I even listened to that stuff (because it is SO old).

My buddy that teaches next door had mentioned Whoopie Goldberg to a class.  They had no idea who she was talking about.  She started naming off different movies and shows that she's been on.  One wonderful student said "We don't know people of olden times!"

Really?  Whoopie Goldberg olden times?  Oye.

Later that week my daughter's friend said I sounded like her Grandma.  I'm sure she meant that I sounded wise.  Yeah..I'm sure that's what she meant.

Silly Kids!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...