Sunday, August 6, 2017

Frozen Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwhiches - time saver

It's almost back to school time for my kids.  We are sad summer was so short this year. Teachers actually went back last week which meant daycare for my kids.  That also means packed lunches. This is a time saver that I've used for years and is much cheaper than buying the frozen pb&j sandwiches in the store.

 I make a whole bunch of pb&j sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them. I put a little peanut butter on both pieces of bread to keep the jelly from making it soggy.  Put them in Ziploc bags.  I spoon out a little jelly on each and then spread them ocer the peanut butter.  Place them in the sandwich bag and freeze. So easy. I like to make a full loaf at a time.  I even stack 4-5 Sandwhiches and cut them in half at the same time. My kids love them and never complained about them tasting any different.

My friend taught me the heal trick. When using the heal piece put that on the inside so the what part is on the outside.  Why didn't I think of that?








You can also do other sandwiches too. Ham and cheese etc.  My dauhhter has decided she's over pb&j so i made her salami and cheese.  They defrost pretty quick so they are ready by lunch time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...