Friday, February 10, 2012

Rough week...

Wow...It's been a crazy week.  I had some great classes, but there were some challenging times too.  That's normal though for every teacher especially in a low economic school.  It's so hard to not let it get to you especially when it seems crazy behavior is in the air all day (full moon??).  The only way I got through the day was by constantly saying "today is Friday, today is Friday. We have four weeks to Spring break...I can do this."

The week started out on a bad note when I found out an old classmate lost her 2nd child only 8 mos old.  2 of her 3 children were born with a genetic disorder and had to have bone marrow transplants.  The oldest, a boy, would have been 4 (my daughter's age), but passed away when he was 1.  I'd been following her little girl's progress and her passing was unexpected.  She had been doing so well after her transplant and all her stats had been improving.  It's just so difficult when everyone thought she was doing so well...even Doctors.  I don't even know how someone could live through that experience once let alone twice.  My Dad and Step-Mom lost my little sister just before she turned 3 and as hard was it is to lose a sibling, I just never contemplated the magnitude of losing a child until I had my own children. 

I also have a friend that had a baby 3 weeks ago and she's been in the NICU since her birth.  There were breathing treatments, feeding tube, IV, talk of possible surgery, and finally a possibility of her getting to go home tomorrow.   I know they just want to go home!  If she does get to go home, I'll be taking pictures of her this weekend.  I'm excited to see her beautiful girl again and without all her "gear."

I am so grateful for my family and our health.  I know that I take it for granted a lot.  Bubby hasn't been feeling well the last two days, but it's only been a low grade fever and besides being grumpy, he's okay.  No matter how bad my day is...I know I have it pretty good and I'm thankful.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...